It All Starts With A Proactive Planning
Have you protected yourself and your family?
The obvious reason for Life Insurance is to leave funds to help those left behind with debts, income loss, offset taxes if other monies are received.
There’s much more to it than that.
There are “Living Benefits” for yourself while you live:
- Whole and Universal Life Insurance build cash value that can be used tax free.
- This “cash value” can be used while you live as an addition to your “retirement income” plan.
- A Long Term Care rider can be added to your the policy to make sure those you love have help taking care of you when you physically can’t take care of yourself.
Life Insurance is an essential tool to cover risks if you pass away; but, also, Life Insurance is a viable way to solve life’s financial situations while you are alive!
Want to see what you can do for your situation?
Business Protection Planning
Are you a successful business owner with a partner who needs a review of your Key-Person insurance?
Or do you even have Key-Person Insurance to protect your business interests?
For those businesses that have partners, there is risk if one partner passes away: the surviving partner would need to pay off the family of the deceased partner.
This could force the sale of a business.
To avoid this conundrum, the purchasing of ”Key-Person Insurance”, a Life Insurance policy, is the way to go.
The way it works is that each partner takes out a life insurance policy naming the business or the surviving partners as the beneficiary(ies). The amount of the policy would be each partner’s portion of the business’ worth. There are multiple benefits to setting it up this way:
- It avoids a “forced sale” or “a buyout” for the amount of the deceased’s portion.
- It protects all sides of the partnership.
- Premium paid can be claimed as a business expense deduction under Section 37(1) of the Income Tax Act.
Additionally, if the business has just one owner, the business still should have a life insurance policy to protect the owner’s family’s income while they figure out what to do with the business.
Want to see how your business can be secured in any situation?
Carolyn Muccioli helps individuals and business owners by educating them on the basics of advanced planning and leading them through a process to identify planning opportunities. Ultimately, this allows the best solutions to get done in the most efficient and risk-free system available.
Carolyn Muccioli holds her Health and Life Insurance licenses along with Certified Long Term Care designation. She has been in the financial planning industry since 2008.
As an independent wealth manager, Carolyn serves high income and business owners in the following:
- Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Business Protection Planning
- Estate Planning
- Investment Portfolio Analysis
- Annuities and Life Insurance Planning
- Tax-Sensitive Investment Analysis
- Long Term Care Planning
- Health Insurance Planning